Thursday, January 4, 2007

Sheesh!

Enough with the bitch fest. I just reread my last few posts and I started feeling depressed just hearing about all the crap this poor sap has been whining about. Even if anyone does happen across my blog and give it a shot, they won't stay after reading all this depressing stuff. Time to move on and get over it. I need to shake the fog that's been surrounding me for quite a while now. So I'm offering a 2 for 1 special on posts today to make up for all the negativity.

Now how about some good news? I talked with my Dr's office today and the stress test came back clean. Not too surprising, but glad to get that reaffirmed anyway. They said it might be next week before I find out about the 24 hour heart monitor though.

Also, a little more on work. My title at work right now is Developer. We have 3 development teams related to 3 product lines. The promotion I tried for was as the Supervisor of my team, who oversees 3-5 Developers and/or Senior Developers. The guy who got the job was a Senior Developer on a different team. So, now they posted his old job. I talked to our Manager today about possibly being promoted to a Senior Developer, as my current team doesn't have one, instead of me applying for the other guy's old job. I don't really want to switch to a different team, but I told him to let me know before Tuesday, as that's the deadline for me to apply if I need to. He was laughing about us all playing musical chairs, since if I applied for the other job and got it he'd have to post my job then, so he seemed receptive to the idea of this smaller promotion instead. He needs to talk it over with HR first, but hopefully things will work out.

I tried to go into work today with a positive attitude and it was nice to get a couple bits of good news to reinforce my new attitude. As I said last time, I'm tired of being depressed.

No comments: