Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Pursuit of Happyness

I started a post early this morning bitching about starting my vacation with Bronze waking up at 4 am and not going back to sleep. I’m glad I didn’t get a chance to finish it, because it ended up not being a very big deal. The Wife got up with her until a little after 5, then I got up and came downstairs with her and let The Wife go back to bed. We had a nice morning coloring and then watching a little TV. Finally, Azure woke up and joined us. He was wiggling his loose tooth and went into the kitchen to get a little bowl to carry around, just in case his tooth came out. It was a silly sight.

Breakfast time came and Azure’s tooth was so loose and wobbly that it was making it hard for him to eat. He agreed to let me try to get it out for him. I started moving it around until the whole tooth came out of the socket, turned completely upside down, and was just hanging on by one little thread. Of course, Azure wanted me to stop right then. I had to convince him that trying to eat with an upside down tooth was not a good idea. He sat back down, I got a wet washcloth, yanked it out, and dabbed at the little bit of blood. He was quite excited and ran into the bathroom to look at his mouth in the mirror.

Once The Wife got up, we started cleaning the house, and cleaning, and cleaning, and cleaning. It went on nearly all day. We finally finished around 4pm and started getting ready to go out. Yes, that’s right, we got to have another date! The sitter arrived at 5 and we went for dinner and to see The Pursuit of Happyness. It was an inspiring story. Makes me think I need to stop whining about every little thing and get out there and Just Do It. Carpe Diem. Pursue Happyness.

We got home from the movie, had a visit from the tooth fairy, and went to sleep. All in all, it was a very good day.

No comments: